Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'd like to go where no man has gone before, but I'll probably just stay in Aurora...

This pretty much sums up the way our house hunting is going. Basically we have too small of a budget for what we want. They either need a lot of fixing up or are missing one or more of the major wants on our list. There were a couple at the toppiest of our list and I stopped last night to look at the one. It's been vacant for ever, so I did a little trespassing and peeked in as many windows as I could. Looked great! Of course someone defaulted on it and there are now so many liens against it no one will ever be able to buy it...sigh... Another one that's brand new (didn't have time to peek at that one)...the same situation! I'm not sure why I suddenly got the urge to look, when for the most part our house is fine. Of course I wish it was bigger (and had a bigger scrap room) and we need new siding etc, but it does suit our purposes. Plus we bought when the market was a lot lower and now cha-ching! everything is so dang pricey. Even if most of these things have been sitting there awhile they still want a bunch since they had already paid a bunch a couple years ago for them. My house is extremely cluttered right now and if I just purged a bunch, it'd feel like a brand new house! I just hate to declutter and clean.... Oh well now since no larger house payment...I have extra for scrap supplies again...sweet!

In other news, Parker started school Weds and E starts tomorrow. I'm afraid Emma's teacher isn't going to know what hit her! She is more than just a little bit excited! I know she won't be scared, but will probably be mad when she gets home because there will probably be at least one kid crying. Emma is an early reader like Parker so hoping she doesn't get too bored, since a lot of what they will do, she did in Pre -K. I will post pics this weekend of them on their first days. Neither got new duds to wear...oops! That reminds me, need to shovel out Emma's backpack for tomorrow. They didn't get new ones of those either - worst mother ever!

Well so far we haven't had any more monsoons. The kids and I got stuck out in it Monday when we got 5 inches and we were drenched! Also lost our electricity for a couple of hours and I was really starting to get the shakes from lack of technology. Of course my laptop died so I basically just sat in the dark bored out of my mind.

P.S. For those of you too young or too old to know...the title's a quote from Wayne's World.

No comments: