Monday, March 03, 2008

Somewhere Over the Rainbow...

Usually winter doesn't bother me much, but this year it's driving me insane. I know I'm not the only one!!! It finally warmed up this weekend, but this caused melting which is reeking havoc on parts of the house. It's also destroying the gravel road and this weekend if you stopped in the road, you were stuck. I just kept the pedal down on the Sedona and hoped I didn't meet anyone (since half the time you had to drive on the wrong side) and made it home. Then last night it gets cold and snows/ices again. Normally my drive takes 25-30 minutes to work. Today over an hour and a half. It wasn't too bad till I got to town. Then the road I take is extremely hilly and I think half of the city was stuck on that road today. I then turned around and went a different way. Still slow going, but FINALLY I got there. I have been taking that road for probably 8 years and have never seen that happen before. There are also areas that are starting to flood..sigh... I also constantly wear mud on the back of my pants. Taking P into TKD tonight I noticed that I couldn't see much of anything on the road in the dark. I was hoping something hadn't happened to the van. (It's been a little moody lately). Got to town and realized that my headlights were covered in mud. Again sigh...

Well enough whining I'm off to bed. Busy week again. Hopefully the kids have a full day of school tomorrow. Emma's ended up being cancelled. They are now both going into June.

No comments: