Saturday, May 21, 2005

You Win Some You Lose Some

Well I put up a good fight, but in the end I lost my entire $5 at my Ladies Poker Night. There were 5 of us and at one time or another most of us had the lead, but in the end Marnie kicked our butt. At about 12:30 am, we finally called it a night. I brought beer bread and BLT dip and we pretty much polished off the bread. Everyone brought a snack to share, there were so many good yummies! I have some more bread baking right now, so that I can get more of dip used up at home.
Beer Bread
3 cups self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 can beer (room temp)

Stir and bake at 350 for 1 hr. I like to serve cubed.

BLT Dip (took from Quick and Easy Gooseberry Patch Book)
1 cup mayo
1 cup sr cream
Crumbled bacon (I used a package or so of crumbled bacon)
2 tomatoes chopped up
I'd never made before was pleasantly suprised that it wasn't too bad.

P was to have soccer this morning, but when I woke up I could hear thunder and so once again soccer has been postponed. This was to be the last practice, but instead we have it for two more Saturdays now. We did kick around the ball once it cleared off at home. Emma was very excited because Daddy got her some new sand for the sandbox. She said Thank You, I'm minding my "matters."

Tomorrow is the last day of Sunday School, so I'm sure P will be bummed. Next fall E will be old enough to go, she already knows a bunch of the songs, I'm sure she'll love it like he does.

Not much else going on today. And now that most of my reality shows are over, what am I going to do with my time???

No comments: