Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Deliciouso!

Not much new to report around here. Steve had band practice tonight so the kids and I got to run amuck here at home again! I did get a baby card picked up for the April/May issue of Paper Trends so that was fun. I thought I'd share some recipes of things I make and get asked by others for the recipe. I said I'd post them on my blog and then didn't!

Beer Bread
3 cups. self-rising flour
1 cup sugar (I've seen some recipes where they leave the sugar out)
1 can/bottle of room temp beer (I've heard you can use pop too)
Mix and cook in a bread pan for one hour at 350. I like to cube and use for dips.

BLT Dip
1 pkg of Hormel bacon pieces or bits (you can use more or less). If you are frying bacon use 1lb.
1 cup mayo (not Miracle Whip)
1 cup sr cream
Mix these together and when ready to serve chop a couple tomatoes and add them in.

Baked Potato Soup - it hurts your heart a little
2/3 cup butter
2/c cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper (black is fine too)
6 cup milk
1 cup sr cream
4 potatoes baked and cubed - it says to peel them too, but I buy the red pots and so I leave the skins on. I nuke them in the microwave to cook them. I love chunks so I probably use more than 4 potatoes
1/4 cup green onion (I just use regular ones since I usually don't have the others on hand)
10 slices bacon (crispy) - I use the package of Hormel pieces and then add as many as I like.
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I usually add more than that)

Melt butter in a large pot. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Pour in milk and bring to boil. Cook for 2 mins, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Whisk in sr cream. Add potatoes and onions. I cook it till it's super thick. Top with bacon and cheese before serving if you like. It said serves 8-10.

P.S. I hear I'm going to be an aunt again tomorrow!

No comments: