Sunday, June 12, 2005

Locksmith Anyone??

Since the kids always know I'm the last one up on the weekends, they come in to wake me up and play on the bed. We were laying there a bit and Parker jumps up and says, "I'll look the bedroom door." There isn't one, so he went over to our bathroom and said, "I'll lock this one instead." Click and he pulled the door shut behind him. I hadn't showered or gotten ready yet and had no idea how to get the door open. So we did not make it to the early service at church today. I looked around for awhile for a flat headed screwdriver, super small. Couldn't find one and a steak knife was too big, so I finally used the cheap, white Pioneer knife to unlock it. We then all got ready and headed to church without any other incidents.

Emma was all excited because she saw a red bird out on the feeder. "Mommy, Mommy, look at the pretty red bird." I said, "Emma that's a cardinal." She shook her head and said, "No mommy, that's a red bird." She's such a know-it-all :-)

Daddy is headed out fishing soon. Can't say I blame him as he's basically had the kids to himself the last couple days. Mom is in charge so that'll probably mean popcorn, computer games or a movie. We had a brief shower and now it'll probably get super muggy. Might wait till later in the afternoon to let them swim.

No comments: